Sunday, June 15, 2014

A Jew wearing a kippah endangers his life


Via Philosémitisme Blog:

In Europe today a Jew wearing a kippah is a target.

Rabbi Albert Guigui, Chief Rabbi of Belgium, in an interview to La Libre:  A [Jewish] boy cannot walk in the street in Belgium today with a kippah without risking being physically or verbally assaulted.


Rabbi Shmuley Boteach writes in the Times of Israel:
I have spoken to German Jewish audiences about wearing Yarmulkes and being proudly and identifiably Jewish in public (a reverse of the Yellow star of shame). Of all the messages I carried this one met with the most resistance. A rabbi told me before 400 people on Shabbos that I am unwittingly endangering people’s lives by encouraging them to wear Yarmulkes. The climate in Europe is too hostile, he told me.

No comments :

Post a Comment